In my previous post I shared a bit about my first card weaving experience. In the mean time, I have finished the bit of band that was still on my loom. I wove a simple pattern (4 times forward, 4 times backward). I used the same threading as for the previous bit of band weaving.
The pattern looks much different if you change the order of the turns! I do like the result, back as well as front:
The front is stark with a lot of contrast and crisp lines. The back looks more lace-like.
I don’t know yet what I will do with this band, but I’ll think of something! Now my loom is empty again. I will probably warp it with some lace yarn and try another four shaft pattern.