I started working on a new set of spinning surfaces. The ones in the first batch worked out fine in some cases and not so great in others. Tthe glass inlay to spin on did not really work. The simpler dishes worked well. The varnish is sturdy enough to spin on it with a titanium tipped spindle and not scratch it.
The new set of spinning surfaces consists of dishes and bowls. The bowls are made around some glass bowls with dimples that I found somewhere. I hope I will be able to get the clay off without breaking anything. Some of the dishes have a built-in diz (3, 5, and 7 millimeters). We’ll see how that’ll work out. I have some nice new ideas for finishing them as well.